电子禅国际__您我的精神家园
发新话题

脸书创辨人夫妇庆女儿诞生捐出99%股份

脸书创辨人夫妇庆女儿诞生捐出99%股份

脸书创辨人夫妇庆女儿诞生捐出99%股份~450亿美元

社交网站「脸书」(Facebook)创办人马克·扎克伯格(Mark Zuckerberg)和华裔妻子普莉希拉·陈(Priscilla Chan)宣布,他们将捐出99%脸书股份,让刚出生的女儿马克斯(Max)「在比我们更美好的世界里成长」。

扎克伯格在自己的脸书页面上贴出「给我们女儿的一封信」,在信中宣布此消息。

他说他们将把财产捐赠给以老婆名字命名的「陈扎克伯格倡议」(Chan Zuckerberg Initiative)。 这是他们在2009年成立的慈善组织。

扎克伯格表示,捐赠金额现值约450亿美元(约2879.8亿人民币)。

马克斯在上周出生,但扎克伯格夫妻在周二(1日)才公布她诞生的消息。

在信中扎克伯格说,「陈扎克伯格倡议」的目标是「为了下个世代的所有孩子提升人类潜力与促进平等」。

他们推广的领域聚焦于个性化学习、疾病治疗、链接人群以及创建更强大的社群。

「妳的妈妈和我还没能想到合适的字来形容妳为我们未来带来的希望。 」 扎克伯格的信以此句开笔。

「你已经给了我们理由来打造一个我们希望妳在当中生活的世界。 」他接着写到。

今天一大早,Facebook创始人马克·扎克伯格贴出的一张自己的照片,在在西安大雁塔为世界和平与健康与家人向佛陀祈祷。 扎克伯格访问亚洲希望推动Facebook,尽管这网络在中国被阻挡。

扎克伯格的妻子,陈慧娴(父为越南华裔),是位虔诚佛教徒。 扎克伯格写道,他为他的妻子在佛教宝塔佛像前祷告,,并表示,佛教是令人惊异的宗教与哲学。 他学习佛法已很久了,希望能更深入了解佛法。

按其妻Priscilla Chan

是哈佛医学院毕的小儿科医生,是佛教徒与以她命名的慈善基金会负责人

I had the opportunity to visit Wild Goose Pagoda in Xi""""an and offer a prayer for peace and health for the world and for my family. Priscilla is Buddhist and asked me to offer a prayer from her as well.

Buddhism is an amazing religion and philosophy, and I have been learning more about it over time. I hope to continue understanding the faith more deeply.

Priscilla Chan and husband launch $45 billion philanthropic initiativeToday, Priscilla Chan — a prominent Buddhist, philanthropist, and educator — announced with her husband — Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg — that the couple will donate 99% of their shares in Facebook  over the course of their life. Zuckerberg posted the announcement to Facebook in a letter that also announced the birth of their daughter, Max.

The letter announced the launch of the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, the organization to which the couple will be donating their fortune, currently valued at $45 billion. The initiative will work to promote personalized learning, cure disease, connect people, and build strong communities.
However, many commentators have criticized the move, arguing that it could simply be an elaborate tax break or a form of “philanthrocapitalism.” This announcement comes little more than a month after Chan and Zuckerberg announced that they are  opening a private school in the San Francisco Bay area that will integrate healthcare and education — both areas of expertise for Chan, who is a teacher and pediatrician.

Charity and altruism are also the focus of a conversation to be found in March’s debut issue of Lion’s Roar magazine, between philosopher Peter Singer, monk/author Matthieu Ricard, and charity advocate Julia Wise. Wise and her husband have made recent headlines for their own generosity, which takes the form of donating 50% of their income yearly.

source: http://club.kdnet.net/dispbbs.asp?id=11326694&boardid=1
发新话题
最新文章

主页【电子禅国际】 论坛【电子禅论坛】 最新【电子禅最新】 赞赏【赞赏】