电子禅国际__您我的精神家园
发新话题

美国素食优秀作文选(4)田纳西州

美国素食优秀作文选(4)田纳西州

美国素食优秀作文选(4)田纳西州
出自: 《番茄小屋》  作者:翻译/阿胖  

(4)田纳西州,Rebekah Bowen

在自小对吃肉一直有罪恶感以来,我看到一件让我永远停止吃肉的事情。

2003年5月一个多云的下午,在我沿着I-24开往田纳西州的Antioch路上,我发现我开在一辆庞大的卡车之后,当时车两旁有一堆白色的东西飞飘出来,一、二秒间,看似下雪,但当我加速开到卡车旁时,我知道是怎么回事了。

那些白白的东西不是雪,而是从上千只活生生困在一个叠着一个的条板箱内的鸡只身上,所掉出来的羽毛。可悲的是,这些可怜的小动物即將被宰杀。牠们用可怜的眼睛看着我,彷彿试着对我说,”我们究竟做了什么事要遭受如此得对待,你为什么让这样的待遇加诸我们身上呢?”

惭愧的回到家后,我感觉自己像是个世上最可憎的人,我进入房子,然后坐在沙发上沉思,….,我是怎样的一个人呢,我想成为一个什么样的人呢?我自言自语的说,我怎能支持这种残酷对待其他生命的行为呢?我决定是我结束我罪恶行为,并且从新开始的时候。我接着上网看能否找到与素食主张相关的资讯,我发现PETA「你吃的是什么样的肉(Meet Your Meat)」的录影带。看完影片后,我哭了一整天。

从此之后,我再也不吃肉了。

Rebekah Bowen, Tennessee

After always feeling guilty about eating meat throughout my life, ever since I was a small child, I saw something that made me want to stop eating animal flesh for good.

One cloudy afternoon in May 2003, I was driving down I-24 going toward Antioch, Tennessee, when I noticed that I was driving behind a giant truck with a bunch of white things flying out of the sides. For a second or two it almost looked like it was snowing, but then, when I drove up by the left side of the big truck, I figured out what was going on.

The white things were feathers, and they were coming off of the few hundred, live, uncomfortable-looking chickens that were stuffed in crates on top of one another. Sadly, those poor little animals were about to be slaughtered. They all looked at me with their pitiful eyes as if they were trying to say, “What did we do to deserve this, and why are you letting this happen to us?”

After driving home shamefully and feeling like the most horrible person who ever lived, I went into the house, sat down on my couch, and contemplated … what kind of person I was and what kind of person I wanted to be. I thought to myself, “How could I support this kind of cruelty toward another living creature?” I decided that it was time to end my evil ways and start over. I then got on my computer to see if I could find any useful information on vegetarianism, and I came across PETA’s “Meet Your Meat” video. After seeing that footage, I cried for the rest of the day.

I haven’t eaten another animal since then and never will again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

电子禅香港主站:www.dianzichan.com

中华人文学会有限公司【电子禅工作室】
发新话题
最新文章

主页【电子禅国际】 论坛【电子禅论坛】 最新【电子禅最新】 赞赏【赞赏】